Monday, November 21, 2011

Hunk of Beef Monday: Tuscan Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Basil and Ground Beef

Bon Appetit
This week lots of folks are posting their favorite Thanksgiving recipe, so I thought I'd spice things up a little (literally) and share with you a new Pinterest recipe. Last week I shared Lasagna soup so thought I'd stick to the Italian theme. This time featuring Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Basil w/Ground Beef. I had to alter this recipe to make it "Hunk of Beef Monday" worthy, just goes to shows you can add beef to about every meal!
Step 1: Cook Ravioli (very easy part!). This was my first time ever purchasing these, delic! For this step you can use my wooden spoon trick.

Step 2: Fun things to chop- 2 medium tomatoes, mushrooms (couple handfuls... this was an added ingredient per my request), 1/2 cup basil, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Step 3: While waiting for the noodles get out a medium sauce pan. Over medium-low heat pour in a jar of sun dried tomato Alfredo sauce and stir in everything from step 2 expect the cheese. Stir and let it marry, no need to hurry here. The ingredients must get acquainted.

Step 4: I added in this step for all my beef lovin' friends. I stirred in about a pound of ground beef seasoned with oregano and red pepper. Make sure beef is fully cooked and drain off excess fat before combining with food.

Step 5: Once the ravioli noodles are cooked, drain and combine in the sauce pan over medium heat. Let sit on the stove top for the sauce to thicken and ingredients to cook together. At this point you can add in the Parmesan cheese from step 2. I even put in my oven on 215* (in casserole dish) for some time just so everything was well acquainted.


 I then use the Pinterest freezing method and divided the dish into jumbo muffin tins, froze and popped out to be placed in freezer bags. Evening meal.... whhaaalaaaa!!


Happy Monday!

N.Starr

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...