Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day gifts and cattle byproducts

The two go hand-in-hand

Happy Valentine's Day! While I don't have a special boy to shower me with flowers or gifts, I still think it's a rather exciting holiday. Today is one of the busiest days for floral shops as they're running at lighting speed to delivery all the roses, that would be a fun job too! Well, I'm on day 2 of my California trip to the World Ag Expo tradeshow (can't wait to share the details when I return), things are going really well and I can't think of a better place to be right now!
Guys-- do you have your evening planned out? If you're sweatin' bullets because you can't get a restaurant reservation, rest assured I posted an excellent & easy steak dinner recipe yesterday. Click here to learn how the restraunt professionals do it.
Besides roses and a fancy meal, is the ever so popular lotion, soap, perfume combo gift. Also a great choice. However did you know that these items are actually beef cattle byproducts? When a beef animal is harvested approximately 90% of the animal is used for either beef or byproducts. Byproducts are the secondary products produced from areas that don't provide meat such as the bones and horns, hide and glands & organs. One a daily basis, whether we think about it or not, we use items that were made from cattle.  The beef industry strives to be resourceful and efficient--making sure a majority of the harvested animal is converted into consumable products. Here's just a few byproducts that really stick out to me.
  • Ice Cream
  • Piano keys
  • Chewing gum
  • Luggage
  • Baseball gloves
  • Cosmetics
  • Fertilizer
  • Tires
Happy Valentine's Day! Can't wait to hear about your date nights & can't wait to share with you footage and details from my trip!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...