Friday, May 11, 2012

The Nuts and Bolts of Ag Communication

Networking, Workshops and a Birthday

This week I had the opportunity to travel with my fellow Bader Rutter friends to Des Moines for the Livestock Publications Council & American Agriculture Editors Assoc. regional workshop. I will get into the nuts & bolts (haha) of it next week, but the combination of it being a Friday evening and the week of my birthday I just want to relax with this glass of wine that's waiting oh so patiently! So here's a little teaser of the trip!

Wednesday evening was a little get-to-know-everyone pizza & beer party. I immediately felt a lot of energy and knew it was worth the trip! Thursday covered four sessions: grammer, photography, video & distribution and crisis management. Outside of the workshop I was able to meet other AgComm professionals, it was neat hearing about their jobs in agriculture. I'm a firm believer in learning from others. I also got to meet my social media friend, visit her blog: Cows, Corn and Country Girls.

Here is Bader Rutter!! Kori, Me, Claire, Marissa and Cheryl. A great bonding time, looking
forward to recaping the workshop  to our BR teams with these ladies.


This conference happened to fall on my birthday. Most would want to do a spa day, shopping spree, etc. however I was completely content & thrilled to spend the day meeting new people who are also passionate about agriculture while learning new skills that will impact career (in AGRICULTURE!).

Diane Johnson, she's such a doll! She made sure my day was extra special!
From the cheesecake, candles and singing... She made the conference extra fun! I'm glad I got to celebrate with you all! Thank You!


That's all for tonight! I'm packing the bags agin (actually I still haven't unpacked) and heading to see the youngest Starr Girl graduate from Purdue! N.Starr






















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...